The deadline for qualifying entities in South Carolina to apply for the reimbursement of COVID-19 expenses through CARES Act is November 15, 2020.
Required SC CARES Act Funds Subrecipient Document: Each organization that submits a reimbursement request is required to sign a Subrecipient Agreement which outlines the roles and certifications required of each subrecipient. The Subrecipient Agreement must be signed before an organization can submit a reimbursement request. This agreement must be signed by the organization’s Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the organization’s Governing Board or Authority, where appropriate. For example, if you are a state agency that is governed by a Board, then your agreement would need to be signed by the Agency Head and Board Chair. If you are a local government entity, then your agreement would need to be signed by your County Administrator/City Manager and Council Chair.
To provide the name and contact information for the person(s) that will sign the agreement for your organization, call the SC CARES Call Center (803-670-5170). The identified individual(s) will receive instructions on how to access and sign the agreement electronically.
The SC Cares Grant Management Team has developed a list of FAQs that are updated frequently. View the list of FAQs.
The following resources are provided to assist organizations requesting reimbursements through the SC CARES Acts Grant Management Program.
- Training – Job aids, videos, and other training related materials.
- Job Aids and Videos
- Other Training Materials
- SC CRF Grant Management - Phase II Office Hours - Oct 2020
- SC CARES Grant Management – Office Hours and Call Center Information (PDF)
- EMD - Public Assistance Funding Slide - 08.11.2020 (PDF)
- SC CRF Grant Management - Office Hours - 08.11.2020 (PDF)
- SC CRF Grant Management - Office Hours - 08.05.2020 (PDF)
- SC CRF Grant Management – Office Hours for Presentation (PDF)
- Communications – Communications distributed by the SC CARES Grant Management Team.
- SC CARES – Training, Support and Application Timeline (PDF)
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Point of Contact (PDF)
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Next Steps for Potential Subrecipients – Association Representatives (PDF)
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Next Steps for Potential Subrecipients – Agency Directors and Higher Education Institutions (PDF)
- SC CARES Portal – This web-based portal is used to submit reimbursement requests for COVID-19-related expenses. Access the SC CARES Portal.